Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Lighting Homework

 


Reference

Outside Scene

Fantasy House Door

Fantasy House Bed

Room lighting


To start this project I searched for a reference image. I found a nice photograph of the sun setting above a city and decided to try and match the color and overall mood of the scene. To light the outside I used a directional light, and added a huge rectangular light to help brighten up the dark spots and give some highlights on the top of objects. I also used the post processing Volume to adjust the warmth and color of the scene, as well as the brightness of the shadows. I also went into the lantern master material and connected the emissive channel as it was disconnected, and then added light to all lanterns. I placed a candle inside the house and created a light function material to simulate a flickering candle light. For the custom master material I first created the ability to scale and offset the input texture among the U and V coordinates. I then created the ability to change the color of the Image texture and adjust the strength. I added the ability to add alpha maps to create color adjustable dirt. Using the world position I made it possible to adjust how much of the object the alpha map would cover, allowing to put more visible dirt towards the bottom of objects.
Shader Setup


Material Instance Menu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 3 Week 07 Orb Bridge Project (High Res Meshing | Game Res Meshing)

High Poly High Poly High Poly Low Poly